Join now - be part of our community!

Clicking when TV is off

profile.country.GB.title
mapierc23
Explorer

Clicking when TV is off

Hi,

New 49XF9005, switched off - standby - and very 10 minutes or so the TV clicks. It sounds like a relay. It’s like the TV is going in/out of standby, though the picture remains off.

Perhhaps related to the TV rubbing background services?

Does anyone else have this and did you manage to solve it?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Check this out:

Frequent processor wakeups from deep sleep

This has been a problem on Android TV for 3 years already. Sony does not dare fixing. The XF9005 I am currently testing does not click though.

profile.country.GB.title
mapierc23
Explorer

Perhaps something I’ve configured differently then?

I think there is an eco power mode - do you have that on?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Don't think so. Eco is off in my case. How loud is it? Maybe I just don't notice because when the TV is off, I am usually not near it...

profile.country.GB.title
mapierc23
Explorer

Hi,

If you turn the TV off, wait around a minute or two, do you hear it click? Like it waits for a brief period before fully shutting down? Or when you turn on it clicks?

its that click that happens every 10 minutes or so.

from reading some other threads I’ve found I am going to make sure remote start and WiFi is off and remove the google account. Apparently some of those cause it 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @mapierc23,

is it a clicking or more of a "cracking" sound?

If my TV (from a different manufacturer) runs for a while it gets warm and the TVs back seems to crack once in a while when cooling down.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
mapierc23
Explorer

Hi,

It’s not from heating up or cooling down. Turning off a load of services increases the time between clicks, though it does still click. I might do a factory reset and not switch in anything other than tweaking the display as I watch all content through the Tv as opposed to using its built in services.

thanks.