Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer with you view disabled

profile.country.GB.title
mobilyuk

BBC iPlayer with you view disabled

Hi all

I have disabled you view as I want to utilise satellite channels. I understand BBC iPlayer will work without you view enabled. How do I access iPlayer on the xe9005?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@jan.hansen957 wrote:

Is that the Android TV version apk? Please do post it here or send it to me. I moved to the Uk and dont have freeview, thus no iPlayer, only Uk play store

Did you bring in a Sony Android TV from another country? If so, which country?

It may be possible to download a UK version of the software for the TV, on the next release.

I did this for a Samsung TV I brought from Spain, though I had to go ‘behind the scenes’ to switch the TV to UK usage. After which it worked fine in SD, but I found I still had no HD channels, as Samsung had economised by not fitting the DVB-T2 tuner needed for HD in the UK, but not needed in Spain :cry:

So it’s back in Spain now, and I had to buy a UK model. I’ve no idea if Sonys are the same in this respect, though.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@jan.hansen957 wrote:

Is that the Android TV version apk? Please do post it here or send it to me. I moved to the Uk and dont have freeview, thus no iPlayer, only Uk play store

As Rod Hull points out, links are not allowed here for some reason. Do a google search for

"hoshsadiq" "github" and "bravia-youview-player-launchers"

This allows me to run all the catchup programs with Youview disabled on my XE9005

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_J

Hi

I have tried side loading the Hosh... app but the installer reports a parsing error. Have tried several downloads including the earlier version and tried to install with both ES Explorer and X-plore. Other apps install okay. Have opened the apk as a zip and all looks okay, the manifest is readable.

Suggestions?

TIA

PS. Still running Android 6 so maybe only compatible with 7. Anyone installed on 6?