Join now - be part of our community!

Another USB record question. Basic navigation of files.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Another USB record question. Basic navigation of files.

I haven't been able to figure a way of returning a watched or partly watched recorded file back to the start. On my separate HDD recorder there is the option of pressing stop twice to cancel 'resume play' thus returning a file to the start, and there is also a couple of quick navigtion aids such as 30 second/5 minute jumps forward and back as well as 'chapters'. All I can find on the TV playback set up is a fast forward and rewind at a max of x3 speed.

Are better options available ?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

An RDR-HXD series?... Unfortunately your TV is not a dedicated PVR and the features available on those machine are not available anymore on any device.... autochaptering was amazing (and still is on my own HXD870).

You should be able to reset the start (if I'm not wrong, I'm not in front of the tv) by using an option in the action menu....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

An RDR-HXD series?... Unfortunately your TV is not a dedicated PVR and the features available on those machine are not available anymore on any device.... autochaptering was amazing (and still is on my own HXD870).

You should be able to reset the start (if I'm not wrong, I'm not in front of the tv) by using an option in the action menu....

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Yes, an RDR-HXD870, and what an absolutely fabulous piece of kit this has been. 95% of what we watch is recorded and this recorder has never missed a beat. That it had HDMI connectivity has been a real bonus with the new TV and touch wood, operationally  the two work faultlessly together. 

I'll have a another look at the action menu... lol, how hard can it be.    

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Found it, and it was under the Action Menu as you suggested, and called 'Restart'.

Thanks.