Join now - be part of our community!

4K Movies on Google Play Movies - Sony KD49X8005CDU

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

4K Movies on Google Play Movies - Sony KD49X8005CDU

Hi, I watched the Google Keynote today (4th Oct) and was interested to see that Google Play Movies will be doing 4K UHD movies from November. I know I can watch 4k in all it's glory on the Netflix, Youtube and Amazon Prime Movies apps. I think Netflix 4k needed a Sony firmware upgrade. Does anyone know if we'll be able to watch 4k UHD from the Google Play Movies app when they get going in Nov? Or will Sony need to issue a firmware update to be able to get the movies in 4k?

Thank

Regards

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

I understand where you are coming from but I've invested in a Sony 4k TV and I want to watch 4k content on it. Netflix is OK but limited 4k movie content.

profile.country.GB.title
ukbob1970
Explorer

there is an app in the google play store called UltraFlix that rents 4k movies starting at $4.99 a time, you have to sign up to have a look around so I'm not sure what the content is like and there are some scathing reviews on google play so I recommend reading a few of those first 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nanotech.ultra_flix

and the app is in the googlestore on my sony android tv as well

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Hi yes I've got Ultraflix. I bought 50 movies at a great rate. They are quite old movies though. Google 4k movies promises fairly recent movies.