Join now - be part of our community!

49XG9005 Good picture quality,problem with sound.

profile.country.GR.title
jimmakos21
Explorer

49XG9005 Good picture quality,problem with sound.

Bought this at November 2019 in Greece.Good picture quality,maybe the best in this kind of money, but when i put an outside source on usb hub,an HDD for instance and after that i try to see a regular TV program i have no sound!I have sound on youtube and ps4 but not in TV programs.The first time I restarted it and the sound came back.The second time this didn't worked and I had to change from HDMI2 to HDMI1 and the sound was back, but this is not a solution for a tv at this price range.I have done the last firmware update,so whats wrong?Any ideas guys?P.S No soundbar or home cinema.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

WHich kind of sources are you using on the HDD? Which codecs, particularly audio codecs, are in there?

profile.country.GR.title
jimmakos21
Explorer

Thank you for replying,rooobb.Look I plugged in a Seagate Expansion 1TB at the USB1 source,haven't try another USB source like 2 or 3,neither another device yet.As I see at Sony support page the USB playback codecs for this model are MPEG1:MPEG1/MPEG2PS:MPEG2/MPEG2TS(HDV,AVCHD):MPEG2,AVC/MP4(XAVC S):AVC,MPEG4,HEVC/AVI:Xvid,MotionJpeg/ASF(WMV):VC1/MOV:AVC,MPEG4,MotionJpeg/MKV:Xvid,AVC,MPEG4,VP8.HEVC/WEBM:VP8/3GPP:MPEG4,AVC/MP3/ASF(WMA)/WAV/MP4AAC/FLAC/JPEG.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

There is a thread inside this community related to problems with lossless tracks in video files that creates problems to the Video app freezing it. I was referring to that, is this the case?

profile.country.GR.title
jimmakos21
Explorer

I 've read several threads about sound and connectivity issues,but to tell you the truth I am not sure if I did read the one you are saying.Is there a thread title I can search it with?Anyway I will use USB3 source to see what happens.Another issue I have is that even the TV sees the HDD I can't run it from the menu or from the settings but only via KODI,which is strange because my 29 inch old LG runs it from settings easy.I read that factory reset solves a lot of issues.Would you suggest it?Thanks in advance.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

This is the thread I was referring to https://community.sony.it/t5/android-tv/65xf9005-video-app-freezes-on-high-bit-rate-4k/m-p/2627887#M...

The other issue is not an issue at all, is the way any Android device works: you have to open an app to look for the content on any device not the opposite. An alternative is to install a file manager app and associate an app to any content. So to play a movie (regardless if it is on a usb stick, internal memory or network) you open the video stock app or any app you like (i.e. kodi in your case) and look for the device. If it is music, you open the music app and so on. In the latest model they unified the mediaplayer stock app in one, but still you have to open it.

profile.country.GR.title
jimmakos21
Explorer

I don't have a freezing issue at the time.I will try diffrent HDD and USB sticks in a diffrent USB hub and i'll come back with any news.Thanks for the advices.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Even if you don't have freezing check if you have lossless track in your video file since it could be in any case a cause for your problem. changing the usb ports should not have any impact