Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A74 and Sandisk SD UHS 2 cards.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Ian5986

Sony A74 and Sandisk SD UHS 2 cards.

I have just collected my A74 today and cannot format the Sandisk UHS2 card in the camera or use it in slot 1. It says that slot 1 is compatible with both CF Express Type A and also UHS-2 SD cards but my brand new camera will not recognise or format the UHS 2 card.    Any tips??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Ian5986

Thank you Marino.

The cards are SDHC II.  Strangely the cards that I use in my A9 would not format or be recognised but exactly the same card that I had in my Fuji formatted and works perfectly so all is good.

No idea what is going on unless it was a piece of dirt or something in the slot (on a brand new camera only taken out of the sealed box yesterday!!

Just happy it is now working and used it today and delighted with performance and results.

I am relieved and very happy all now appears to be fine!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Is yours an SDHC II or an SDXC II?
profile.country.GB.title
Ian5986

Thank you Marino.

The cards are SDHC II.  Strangely the cards that I use in my A9 would not format or be recognised but exactly the same card that I had in my Fuji formatted and works perfectly so all is good.

No idea what is going on unless it was a piece of dirt or something in the slot (on a brand new camera only taken out of the sealed box yesterday!!

Just happy it is now working and used it today and delighted with performance and results.

I am relieved and very happy all now appears to be fine!!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Ian5986, thank you for updating the thread. Could you mark it as solved please?