Join now - be part of our community!

Play memories app purchase - internal error

ammanati
Explorer

Play memories app purchase - internal error

Hi guys,

I wanted to download the Time-Lapse app from sony play memories last night. I am using fully updated sony a6000.

The account has been registered and all went well until the confirmation of the purchase when I received "internal error has occured" message. First via wifi then I repeated the process using the cable (both on Mac and Windows; couldnt confirm the connection on Mac though) but still am getting the same message. 

Have anyone got similar problem? I've seen issues with the cable connection around but for other people the wifi usually works. 

Internal error suggest something wrong with the camera then. Doesn't it?

Appreciate your help. Wanted to install the app before Sunday morning when I am off to Italy for holiday.

Thanks

Edit: I can see now that the latest firmware is 3.1 while the app is 3.3. Should those correspond or are they simply just versions of separate items, i.e. app is being updated quicker than camera.

152 REPLIES 152
Enchilada555
Explorer

This fix worked for me too.

To install Time Lapse application on Sony a6300 you can buy a Sony Entertainment voucher through amazon and upload that to your wallet, then buy and install the application. This will get around the "Internal Error" problem. Why Sony refuse to accept Credit Card payments is a question, one that the shareholders I am sure would be interested to hear the answer to.

Next problem is seeing the files on the camera when taken through the Time Lapse app. They are well hidden.

bluisier
New

Same problem as well using paypal and CC... Can't believe it!!! I'll try the gift card trick but this is kind of ridiculous!

bluisier
New

The gift card allowed me to download the app... But what a pain in the ass!!!

profile.country.GB.title
turkishfella34
Explorer

Hi, I am having the same problem 😞 I can intsall free apps but cannot buy and install paid ones. I already registered my credit card and payment info on playmemories site. Please help.

klevstul
Explorer

i'm having the exact same problem. i have tried buying this app from different computers, using different browsers. also tried buying it from the camera (alpha a7). tried adding fund to my account, without any luck. it seems like sony's payment solution is seriously broken. free apps can be installed without any problems.

strange that this error still hasn't been fixed.

klevstul
Explorer

k003820.jpg

klevstul
Explorer

this is what my transaction history looks like, after having tried buying the app in numerous different ways:

broken payment solution

klevstul
Explorer

just an update. i also had to go for the gift card option, for adding funds to my sony wallet.

one important thing to remember:

- you have to buy a gift card from the same region as your account is created in!

i wrongly bought a uk gift card (through game.co.uk), and unsuccessfully tried redeeming this through my norwegian sony account. then i created an uk account (using vpn), and successfully redeemed my gift card. however now i ran into a problem with connecting my a7 camera, as my a7 camera already was registerred with my norwegian account. there was seemingly no way to delete my norwegian account, nor remove the camera. so, i had to buy a new gift card, valid in norway (pscodes.no). with this i was able to add fund to my norwegian account, and buy paid apps for my sony a7 camera.

i am amazed that sony makes it this hard to spend money on their camera app store. well, their payment solution is for sure broken. amazed that they do not spend resources in fixing this.

sony, please fix!

I have the same problem. How do we fix it?

I want to let Sony know that the problem is NOT fixed! I downloaded a couple of free apps, also purchased two paid ones, one 4.99 the other 9.99 with my US credit card with no issue earlier today (wifi) but when I wanted to buy Sky HDR, I got the internal error both with cable and via wifi. After wasting 2 hours on this trying different ways and researching, now I have to buy some gift card to get around this!! 8-25-2016