Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback 2018 Issues

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dadwesty
Explorer

Cashback 2018 Issues

I puchased the DSC-HX90V on 30/5/2018 that is within the offer date period (1/5/2018 - 1/09/2018).

The claim site shows error that the purchase date is not valid for the offer.

Can i assume that the website is faulty and will get rectified or do i have to call Sony asap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dash29

Its quite simple really, if you read the T&C's

30 days has to elapse from the date of purchase, this ensures that you can't register the claim and then return the product.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @dadwesty and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Some members had a couple of glitches during the last cashback promo but

most if not all were sorted out.

I would give Support a call on Monday morning.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
RoosterCogburn
Explorer

I have just had the same problem getting cash back from a lens I purchaced in may.

profile.country.GB.title
Superstudio
Explorer

I'm having the same problem - purchased the Alpha 6300 camera on the 7th May 2018 and cashback registration site is stating "The purchase date provided dose not entitle you to participate".

I Hope Sony can sort out this technical glitch soon, I only have a few more days to cliam before it exceeds the 30 days limit.

Same problem

same here for a 70-200 2.8G 2 purchased 25/05/18 😞

profile.country.GB.title
dash29

Its quite simple really, if you read the T&C's

30 days has to elapse from the date of purchase, this ensures that you can't register the claim and then return the product.

profile.country.GB.title
JonathanMcGhee1989
New

So I purchased an A7 on the 21/06/2018 - Do I need to wait until the 21/07/2018 before I can open a claim back 

profile.country.GB.title
dadwesty
Explorer

Hi.
I would say that is correct. I am still waiting to make my claim so cannot
confirm yet.

A little late now, but your purchase date and claim date would be exactly 30 days apart - but you really have to discount the day of purchase and the day of claim..... give it a few more days so there's no argument. I've just had the same problem (purchased on 15/8, claiming on 14/9).... that should be 16+14, but I'll give it another few days.