Join now - be part of our community!

A7iv with LA-EA5 iin S&Q mode allows manual focus only?

profile.country.GB.title
seppoju

A7iv with LA-EA5 iin S&Q mode allows manual focus only?

Not sure if this is a user error... I use LA-EA5 and it is nearly perfect. AF works really well in photo and movie mode. But, in S&Q there is only MF available. When I try and change it in Fn menu I get "this function is currently disabled". Is this related to LA-EA5 behaviour or is there a workaround?
Tags (2)
18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
seppoju

That would be really good of you, Hannah!

If you are able to get an answer from Sony whether LA-EA5 can do AF in video mode I would appreciate it very much!

Thank you for the link - I will have a look!

Many thanks for taing the trouble to help me!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey there, let's try few steps together. 

First take off the batteries for two minutes.

Make sure all the devices are up to date, you can find thelatest versions on the Sony website. Let me know if you need me to get it for you.

profile.country.GB.title
seppoju

Mu A7iv has sw 1.01, the adapter has no sw updates? Taken off battery for several times in the past, just did it as well.

No change. In video and S&Q the camera reverts to MF and it cannot be changed; the alert says : This function is currently disabled

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@seppoju, did you try resetting the camera? Or did you test another lens? (Not A mount tho :D)

profile.country.GB.title
seppoju

Yes, I have reset the camera ( and I forgot to save the settings file...). The lens issue we have discussed many times in this thread. I have tested with five different lenses mentioned on the Sony support page.

profile.country.GB.title
seppoju

But, I have no E-mount lenses..... sadly

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@seppoju, I found this: Single-shot AF/Automatic AF/Continuous AF/Direct manual focus (DMF)/Manual Focus

So that means the AF S&Q isn't available in this case. 

profile.country.GB.title
seppoju

Hmmm...... "Automatic AF/Continuous AF" could refer to both photo and video modes.... I wish there was a definite answer to this...

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey there, here's the full article maybe it will make sens: https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2110/v1/en/contents/TP0002887889.html