Join now - be part of our community!

$1000 Camera Buying Question

profile.country.GB.title
augusvena
New

$1000 Camera Buying Question

Hey guys! I'm looking for my first camera and I'd like to get one which lasts me a long time and suits my needs well. I've got a budget of $1000 and I want a lens and a mirrorless camera. I've done a lot of research and know I want to get a Sony Alpha(or maybe not, convince me otherwise), but I'm at a crossroads and can't find the one that suits my needs the most for this price.

My top choice so far is a new a6300 with the kit lens for $99192.168.0.1 9 on amazon

Ill be mostly using it for amateurouter login r cinematography/ photography, and would probably rate my usage as 70%/30% respectively.

What I want -Camera capable of both good video and photos -stabilization of some sort (lens or in body) -One that will last a long time (hesitant on buying a used camera)

What I dont need -4k video -Slow motion video

What are your 2 cents? Links to the store page would be great as I'll be buying it asap.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I'd suggest to start with a secondhand RX10-III

It's got everything, no fiddling with lenses, high quality and a very good basis to learn photography.

Go YouTube to watch how to avoid mistakes and make quick steps to master photography.

Try Nigel Danson.

Dive deep into mastering the menu and the endless possibilities of the camera.

Look for the lessons by Carl Reader (yes it's slow) but heel give you a jump start into the possibilities with Sony cameras.

Enjoy, take your time and when you've mastered the first steps of photography decide which camera will be your next step.