Join now - be part of our community!

HDR AS-15 Recording with Iphone 3gs

profile.country.en_GB.title
Rizarc
Visitor

HDR AS-15 Recording with Iphone 3gs

Hello all,

Ok I will try and make this short.

HDR AS-15, can connect my phone via wifi direct with play memories.

Similar issue with the other post with the Ipad, error message about not being able to copy files (not really a problem for me).

My issue is, once connected to the cam, there is no record function, only copy files.

Does anyone know how to get the app to work?

Any help would be appreciated, let me know you need more info.

Thanks

Riz

4 REPLIES 4
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Riz - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As with many iPhone apps, you may find that everything works smoothly once the iPhone has been updated to the latest available version of iOS (you will also need to make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of PlayMemories Mobile from the Apple Store). Other than that, it may also help to run the iPhone app first of all and then switch on the camera. The wireless network connection details should be attached to a small sticker in the package (possibly attached to the instruction manual sheet).

Thanks,

Simon

Rizarc
Visitor

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the welcome

I have updated everything and downloaded the most recent items etc.

Did try to have the playmems open then turn on the cam but... I would have to exit then find cam to connect then reopen it. I think at this time my phone may be reverting to the house wifi once the camera is off.

I did try to forget my home wifi and that did not seem to work either.

I can use the send function and connect that way but still cant copy the vids (maybe because of vid format), this isnt a problem as I have no intention of using the phone for anything other than to start the recording or line up the cam when fitted to my motorbike.

Thanks

Riz

Rizarc
Visitor

I can't believe I am still having problems with this.

Either the App is not working or its not compatible with my Iphone 3 even though I can view images.

I refuse to have to buy a new phone to make use of the view finder function (which may not work).

There are a number of people that are having the same problem.

I just don't know why its not working.

I bought from a sony store as well and the guy lied saying there was a mem card included, I wasn't that bothered at the time but now I relies I spent £20-30 extra to not have extra memory, the wifi view finder does not work and a number of weeks wasted messing about with it.

Frustrating, if I knew that this would happen, I could have saved a lot and got the AS-10 instead.

Mick2011
New

Hi Rizarc

Just a thought, but the iPhone 3 doesn't support iOS 6 (unless it's a 3GS) which might be the problem. A lot of these sort of apps can be very iOS-specific and it may be that with iOS 4 you're missing some necessary components.

It's also possible there is some kind of hardware-related incompatibility. I only mention this as it's likely the app has been written to take advantage of improvements that came with later iterations of the phone itself.

I'll have a search about and will report back with any findings.

Cheers

Mick