Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 VI Android auto audio stutter and lag

profile.country.GB.title
Navink
New

Xperia 10 VI Android auto audio stutter and lag

When using my phone in my car with Android Auto I find that after about 10 minutes of driving, I find that the (Spotify) music starts to stutter. Google Maps audio for the directions also stutters and lags. 

I am able to temporarily fix this by waking the phone by pressing the power button and then it works, but then after a few minutes the issue occurs again and I find myself having to unlock the phone again. 
So:

The car in question is: BMW i4, with the latest software. Tested with Samsung S22 and S23 and both found to be working fine. 

I've tried modifying the App battery usage to Unrestricted for Android Auto, Maps and Spotify apps, to see if that does anything, but it has not helped. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @Navink 

do you connect the phone wirelessly or through cable?

Can you try to clear the cache and data for Android Auto on your phone? If it's not in the phone's app, you will find it in the system app 

profile.country.GB.title
Navink
New

Hi @EMS_MO72 

Thanks for your reply. 
It connects wirelessly. I wanted to try a wired connection but, I am unable to force connection via the cable, there seems to be no setting in the phone that allows this. I tried keeping the cable connected. And I also tried disabling bluetooth, and then wifi, disabling wifi breaks the android auto connection(even though the cable is connected). 

Are you aware of how I can make it use a cable connection?
I have also noticed that even though I set the android auto app to "unrestricted" battery usage, it sets itself back to "optimised".
I will try clearing the cache for android auto app.