Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 V fingerprint issues

profile.country.UA.title
arcade
Explorer

Xperia 10 V fingerprint issues

Hello.

Well, I tried a lot of things to fix this but it still happens no matter whet I try. After a few weeks of using fingerprint sensor to unlock phone fingerprint reading becomes slower and slower up to the point other apps and device start glitching hard:
 - There's a delay before reading a fingerprint and it's getting longer.
 - My bank app work fine for the first few weeks, but after it starts nagging my screen with "This app failed and has to be restarted". If I don't "restart" the app it continues to work without issues, but that message is coming again each 30 seconds, I can't even input bank card without being interrupted a few times.

- Chat apps that are using fingerprint for extra security are failing to open. As I'm opening a phone by touching fingerprint, I'm going into the app, app wants to read fingerprint, and fingeprint reading just doesn't happen no matter what I try: take finger out for a few secs, hold it longer, just nothing. Minimizing app and going back to it solves the problem.
 - Sometimes when I'm opening my phone it kindda unlocks and I see my screen, but actually I can't do anything as over that screen I still see notification iunterface from locked screen, my device is still locked, it doesn't accept fingerprtint but may be unlocked by PIN if I get there. Sometimes even PIN doesn't work, I have to turn off device, wait for the sound of locking, then turn it off by pressing the button (without fingerprint), then when screen lights up I can use fingerprint to get in.

What I have tried:
1. Deleting and adding fingers kindda fix this thing for next few weeks.
2. Full factory reset doesn't change anything.
3. After firmware update phone is working fine again, but again just for a few weeks.

Is there any way to permanently fix this thing?

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.UA.title
arcade
Explorer

https://community.sony.ua/t5/1-series/xperia-1-v-fingerprint-unlock-screen-frozen-bug/m-p/3947581

Looks like the issue is quite widespread.

Also there's a video showing how it looks like:

https://youtu.be/IYxXDF2cCuo

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team
profile.country.UA.title
arcade
Explorer

1. Support App: test passed. Even when phone had issues with unlocking recently.

2. Restart phone: no change.

3. Reenable Trust Agent: hadn't tried that yet.
4. Register fingerprint again: helps, but only for another few weeks, after that problem is back.
5. Perform a factory reset: same as fingerprint reinitialization, helps, but in a few weeks problem is back.

profile.country.UA.title
arcade
Explorer

Actually I can't find how to turn off Google Smart Lock agent on my phone, there's no such option there. Maybe that's because I'm on Android 14?

profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

Can you try to go to the Settings > security > Advanced, then you should be able to find it. @arcade 

profile.country.UA.title
arcade
Explorer

Hm, big thanks, I was there a few times seeing no direct way on how to disable it, but after switching to English it became obvious I was looking in wrong place after all. Turned off, rebooted, and I think I'll leave it off for now as I'm not using that functionality at all. For now issues are probably gone, or this might be due to reboot. Will take some time to test.

profile.country.UA.title
arcade
Explorer

And no, this didn't work.

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey @arcade 

I suggest in this case that you contact Sony directly for a repair