Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 III UI questions

Ender_bdx
New

Xperia 10 III UI questions

Hi there.

So I'm fairly new to Sony products when it comes to phones, my previous phone was a Xiaomi Mi5 (released in 2016), and I have yet to adapt to this Sony.

First off, is there any way to invert the navigation buttons without using a 3rd party app? I want Recent>Menu>Back, and not the other way around. Couldn't find anything useful in the settings.

Then, is there such thing on Sony's phones as double tap to wake the screen? Again, couldn't find anything relevant.

I was also wondering if there was a way to have notification LED customization (ie different colors/patterns for different apps)

I won't talk about that stupid idea of dedicating a physical button to the Google Asssist and not being able to remap it...

Also, why did they included Likedin that you can't remove, but no basics like Calculator or File manager or even notes?

Not that important, but is there a way to change the default font without rooting/3rd party?

Finally, my phone is not detected when plugged in to a computer and it seems like it's picky with the cables I'm using to charge it.

So far, I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of features out of the box, phone itself is okay but I'm glad I didn't went for an Xperia 5 or 1 which are way more expensive and probably would have the same issues I'm facing with this one.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

I'm using currently Xperia X and planning purchase Xperia 10 III soon.

1) There is no official way to invert the navigation buttons.

2) For LED customization custom app is needed, currently I'm using LightFlow, but also alternative Led Blinker is working fine.

3) Indeed, dedicated hard coded physical Google Assist button sounds very weird decision, especially, when so far this external button on the Sony mobilephones was always used for the camera.

4) Some apps, like FB, Linkedin etc are built in and uninstallable, but I have disabled them, I guess this is also possible in Xperia 10 III?

5) As my current phone does have double tap to wake functionality, then the lack of this functionality is a great disappointment and I really hope that it will be added in the future firmwares.