Join now - be part of our community!

Useless Sony!

Flaco3
Visitor

Useless Sony!

I just bought an xperia 10. I have an xperia xa, so I backup the xa to my Macbook prior to installing the data on the new phone and find out that xperia companion doesn't support the new phone!!!

How stupid is that! So I spend forever on the phone (at my expense!) and find out that I have to go thru the tedious process of backing up to an sd card (do I have one big enough?) in order to move it to the new phone (BTW, EE, my fone co, washed their hands of the problem).

I can't believe a mulit-billion pound corporation can't support its products!

The reason I stuck with Sony was because I thought the transfer would be easy. How wrong can you be! Worse still, Sony have YET AGAIN, changed the interface, so I have to learn it all over again. But never again. I will never buy another sony product.

1 REPLY 1
Flaco3
Visitor

Update: I'm returning this phone, it's junk. I gave up trying to transfer the data.

A few other gripes about the phone (for anyone else foolish enough to buy an xperia 10):

You have to tap several times on an option in order to get the phone to respond. This seems to be the case for virtually every selection I make;

The sim/sd options. In order to change an sd card, you have to shut the phone shuts down, as taking out the sd card means you have to take out the sim as well!!! How stupid is that.

Whoever designs these phones is obviously someone who has never had use it!

No more Sony.