Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-50W829B USB Media content Experience

Brain_Killer
Explorer

Sony KDL-50W829B USB Media content Experience

Hi,

I'm here to ask for your help regarding to things where I can´t find answer to that.

The first and most important is regarding the Media Server/watching movies via USB. Right now I'm struggling in finding the best video setting when watching movies via USB, I already found community settings to configure the image quality on the TV, but the problem is this settings are only for the TV inputs like HDMI and I cant configure them to the USB.

What Im trying to do is basically set Scene Select to Cinema, in order to have the option of Cinema 1 or 2 in picture more. I can get to this when setting to all the inputs but I can´t do this for the USB. Without this I´m struggling with "poor" video color on 1080p movies experience (its the only content that I use), the only solution to get more quality is go to option when in usb mode and change the picture mode to "vivid" because I don´t have access to the others options. Is there something wrong on what im doing or there is no solution to this?

The second question is regarding the USB movies with subtitles. I see a lack of options regarding the subtitles piece like changing the font or letter size or even remove the "black shadowing" behind the subtitles. I think that having this options will improve the experience to people like me that watch movies directly from the TV (If she can decode almost everything no need to buy external players).

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkin_Duke

Hi Brain_Killer,

Have you tried using the options button? Checked on my W7 TV and noted that several scene options are available for movies stored on USB media.

DSC_0254.JPG

Maybe it's related to the media format you're using.

Cheers

PD

Brain_Killer
Explorer

Yes I tried, and when I go to the options menu I have 3 or 4 scene options (Normal, Vivid, the others I don't remember) nothing more.

The media format is normal MKV 1080p files.