Join now - be part of our community!

BBC Iplayer and Demand 5 apps

SOLVED
fest81
Explorer

BBC Iplayer and Demand 5 apps

The BBC iplayer and Demand 5 apps have totally disappeared from my tv i have tried refreshing the internet content and a factory reset and they are still not there. If anyone could help how to restore them it would be asppreciated.

40 REPLIES 40
richamondouk
Explorer

Me too 42w805a
profile.country.GB.title
lithoartist

iPlayer and Demand 5 have returned at Home>Apps on my TV!

Stubby14
Explorer

Same for me. All missing apps back this morning. How about letting us know what the problem was Sony?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Helmutk
Explorer

Mine is working again as well. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Sony have confirmed that the issue has been resolved and was directly related to the other Sony troubles this weekend (the DDOS attack on PSN networks)

Thank you to everyone for their continued patience :slight_smile:

Cheers

Stilconfused
Explorer

Hi 

Yes both mine working as well :slight_smile:

Cheers 

richamondouk
Explorer

I can confirm this worked for around 2 hours, i was streaming iplayer then i got a message saying error

i could not back out of iplayer only change input source,

now it seems the SEN network has gone as this button when pushed just shows the loading screen and hangs,

Internet connection confirms as ok and tested

Definetly another problem for the SEN network and Sony Systems in general it seems,

Back to samsung next year for me ... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try again now.  It should be working again.  I believe Sony came under another DDOS attack again, of which network connectivity should be restored again.

Cheers

akhr43
Explorer

Just realised when I went to watch something on Demand 5 the icon was missing from my TV.

Iplayer is there and seems fine, but no Demand 5, I dont use it often so dont know how long it has been missing.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL 40EX403 bought in December 2010, didn't realise I had it that long until I checked.

I never seem to be asked to do updates on the tv, the last one I did was when iplayer disappeared last year and I was given an update to download onto a memory stick and load into my tv from this forum. The update showing on my tv is PKG4.131EUL-0108 is this the correct version I should have?  If not, where do I find the correct update to manually update?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable