Join now - be part of our community!

BBC Iplayer and Demand 5 apps

SOLVED
fest81
Explorer

BBC Iplayer and Demand 5 apps

The BBC iplayer and Demand 5 apps have totally disappeared from my tv i have tried refreshing the internet content and a factory reset and they are still not there. If anyone could help how to restore them it would be asppreciated.

40 REPLIES 40
cazmaca
Explorer

I've been at this all day! Nothing works! The only UK app i have is the BBC sport app, youtuve is still available but BBc iplayer, amazon instant video among others are now missing. I have reset the router and TV to their factory setting and it's still no good. It's driving me crazy!

Also, when i reset my TV i couldn't seem to tune it to freeview which is also very strange but i assume these things to be unrelated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI all

I have requested this be addressed with urgency !!!  Can I please ask everyone to respond back with the model of TV or device that is having the issues - might narrow it down for them.  I wouldnt bother with resetting TV etc, not yet anyhow - just a waste of time.

Device = TV

Model = KDL-42W807A

Year = 2013

Cheers all.

bs6mjb
Explorer

Me too

Device = TV
Model = KD-55X9005B
Year = 2014
profile.country.GB.title
lithoartist

Device = TV

Model = KDL-32W705B

Year = 2014

Thanks, Quinnicus

jonbro01
Explorer

Thanks for chasing this! Same problem here - my TV is Bravia KDL-42W805A, the BBC and ITV player apps have completely disappeared although all the usual advertising dross is there as always. I haven't tried to use iPlayer on the TV for a couple of weeks, but it was fine on all earlier occasions.

I also tried pointing the TV's web browser to BBC iPlayer, and although I could search through programmes, as soon as I tried to stream anything, it just refused to do it.

The Internet setup is fully functional. Other devices are fine with iPlayer. My IP address is static, UK-based, unchanged for years. FTTC broadband consistently providing 60Mbps down, 14Mbps up - so no bandwidth issues.

Some DRM shenanigans again. Thanks for nothing, Sony.

irishwhip
Explorer

Device = TV

Model = KDL-42W705B

Year = 2014
noticed the missing apps last night

fest81
Explorer

Device - TV
Model - Bravia KDL-32W654A
Year - 2013
profile.country.en_GB.title
Helmutk
Explorer

Have been having the same problem since yesterday late afternoon. Amazon and iplayer apps have disappeared

Device = TV

Model = KLD-50W829

Year = 2014

Unbelievable how dependent I am on iPlayer 😞

Stilconfused
Explorer

Hi 

Device - TV x2

Model - Kdl-46w905a

Model - Kdl-24w605a

Both purchased this year

Both Tv's still had iplayer listed in the history (at least until I factory reseted 1 of them) and it could still be accessed from there.

Thanks for chasing this 

Cheers 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its certainly looking like 2013/2014 TVs.