Join now - be part of our community!

complaints HELP PLEASE

profile.country.GB.title
olympusc2100uz
Explorer

complaints HELP PLEASE

hi

bought this lens in march,after using about thee times found dust in front elements,sent to wales with the instructions to 

inspect and report back to me.i did not wont it just cleaned and sent back  my resoning is that if dust is geting in then it must be geting past any seals in the lens,this lens is advertised [design is dust and moisture resistant for reliable operation in challenging conditions].i wes very dissapointed.i would have liked a replacment.

guess what cleaned and sent back, i was emailed it was in the post the day i went on holiday

it spent aweek at the post office.

i phoned wales for an explanation was tolded the engineer queryed what to do told to clean and 

return.that was june, went out to london for the day in october just got a sony a7r2 [great camera]

took some shot with a bright background/sky with this lens,loaded on to capture one lots of dust. wounder if it was made by DYSON. opened a complaint with sony promised a phone

call for complaints dept.still waiting a week later.Sorry about the rant.really hacked off with sonys attitude [wont me to send it back to wales for repair] havent we been here before.

any help/information to help me resolve this problem will be greatfully recieved.     mike

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I cannot help ypu directly, but I have fowarded your issue to Sony via escalating your post on these forums. They should be in contact with you next week.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
olympusc2100uz
Explorer

hi 

thank you very much for your intervention.

fingers crossed for speedy conclusion.

will keep you posted

regards mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

@olympusc2100uz - received some feedback from Sony today.  The Sony Support team have requested that your lens be exchanged as a replacement rather than continue to carry out replairs on it.

Fingers crossed this happens for you. 

Cheers