Join now - be part of our community!

Hx400v

profile.country.GB.title
afenton
New

Hx400v

In auto modes aperture automatically sets very low, like 2.8 or 3.2, and won't raise. Speed,on the other hand, seems prioritised. This isn't correct, obviously.

Done factory reset but problem remains.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

It’s not true in any way.

Depend from the situation you are looking, and settings you are using on camera.

Obviously if you know how do better, you must switch in M and manage all parameters

profile.country.GB.title
afenton
New

You don't understand; it doesn't matter what I point the camera at, or under what conditions, the f-stop will not exceed 3.2. . If I point the camera at the ground or a bright sky, the f-stop won't exceed 3.2. . Nothing will alter the aperture, only the speed of the shutter is altered . 

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

I had understood.

My answer is the same. Depends on conditions and settings 

profile.country.GB.title
afenton
New

You quite obviously don't want to accept that you don't understand. 

NOTHING - lighting, subject, where I'm stood, what day it is... - NOTHING alters the aperture, when taking a photo in any auto mode. Nothing.

Conditions? No change.

Settings? It's on auto! What settings?!

Forget it. It's my wife's camera; I use a Canon 7D mk2: no problems. I'll tell her you say she's a half-wit. Ok? 

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

No, you are saying that about your wife, I don’t think and don’t say that.

You continue to point your argument around the fact that all other world doesn’t understand you.

Actually the fact is that you are claiming something without any description of setting and conditions, and no examples to explain your case.

So the only answer to you is, again, depend from condition and settings. That is true in any case.

Stay relaxed, and good night